Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 4:41 AM
Default Newbie trying to mod an item/object.
Hi,

I'm new to TS3 and to modding the game. I want to mod the El Grungo guitar from the 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff Pack.

I read on the wiki that you can do that by modifying game files, specifically the guitarElectricDecades OBJK and change the scriptClass to "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.HobbiesSkills.ElectricGuitar" to make it sound like an electric guitar.

May I know how to do this? Is this simple to do?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 5:23 AM
This specific edit actually already exists.

But, for future reference or if you still want to have a go at doing it yourself:
It is indeed simple, and only requires two tools: S3OC and S3PE.
  • S3OC is used to find and create a .package containing the object- from the Cloning > Normal objects menu. As long as the install location for the stuff pack is set under Settings > Game Folders, guitarElectricDecades should be in the list when it loads. Untick 'Renumber/rename internally' to make it a default replacement before clicking 'Clone or Fix'.
  • S3PE can open the .package created with the above step and make changes to the contents- you would right-click on the OBJK resource and select 'Edit OBJK' from the menu. There you will see a textbox containing the script, which can be freely modified to the script you prefer. All other resources in that package can be deleted, if you want, as you only need to overwrite the OBJK. Then save and place the .package in your Mods folder c:

Best of luck!

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 4:08 AM
Thank you for the reply!

Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
This specific edit actually already exists.

But, for future reference or if you still want to have a go at doing it yourself:
It is indeed simple, and only requires two tools: S3OC and S3PE.
  • S3OC is used to find and create a .package containing the object- from the Cloning > Normal objects menu. As long as the install location for the stuff pack is set under Settings > Game Folders, guitarElectricDecades should be in the list when it loads. Untick 'Renumber/rename internally' to make it a default replacement before clicking 'Clone or Fix'.
  • S3PE can open the .package created with the above step and make changes to the contents- you would right-click on the OBJK resource and select 'Edit OBJK' from the menu. There you will see a textbox containing the script, which can be freely modified to the script you prefer. All other resources in that package can be deleted, if you want, as you only need to overwrite the OBJK. Then save and place the .package in your Mods folder c:

Best of luck!