Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 5:32 AM
Default Hey so I'd like to find out how to alpha edit out the bodyshop model's garments so I can make some edits to a skin but All links are dead or not loading
I did try to research and all Link's are either dead or the website just... won't load. And there is something wrong with the site sexysims that people also link to. Most of the forums are gone and everyone I've seen that's there on what is left only talks about the sims 3. I went to try registering in hopes for sims 2 stuff but it only asked if I had sims 3 and which expansions, but I only play the sims 2. What's going on?

But one quick question, If I edit out the alpha will the garment show up like that in the normal game too (if it even exists in the game)? Because I don't want that. I really only want see under the bra because that's where I plan to do my edits. A link to a mod where the result is similar would also be fine as long as there's a tutorial since I'd imagine you wouldn't put it in the downloads folder for the normal game.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 1:40 PM
If I'm understanding you, what you are asking for is to be able to see the nude body in Bodyshop? If so, you could just use some nude clothes.

For sexysims, you need to be logged in to see the forums. The links are probably resolving to the old url, which was sexysims2.com, so if you just change that bit of the link to sexysims.info it should work.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 2:39 PM
Drachis made a full set of invisible clothes - remaking the clothes is just reinventing the wheel (some of them can be useful ingame, and I've found them useful for other projects where I need to recolor tight-fitting clothes of some sort and really don't want to go the route around SimPE and linking) - I sent you a PM with a download link to the files.

The clothes don't work in the actual creation window in Bodyshop, but you can use them for previewing the skin after you've made a file.

---

Alpha-editing the clothes is in a nutshell using the black-and-white Alpha texture/channel in Bodyshop to color in the bits and pieces you want to show or not show on a mesh. White = texture showing, black = texture invisible, grey = texture transparent. Most of the time, black/grey = skin showing, unless it's an alpha-editable mesh that's set up for full transparency.

If you don't want anything to show, you just color the alpha fully black.

---

Personally I tend to use a meshing program for more difficult texture edits, because it allows you to import any mesh + texture (some work fine with PSD files or similar), and also work on the project without needing Bodyshop to be open (until you're ready to make the file). You also don't need too much experience with a meshing program - how to navigate the 3D window, importing meshes/textures, plus how to find the UVmapping, is pretty much all you need.