Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 5:31 AM
Default Cemetery reworked
I redid the cemetery, i dont know what you think of it, do you like it better?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#77 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 6:16 AM
The enterance of second version is looking like London High Gate Cemetery.
Nice job. If you ask me to choose, then I prefered the first more complex version. In my mind it suits better next description:
Quote:
Victorian cemeteries (aka rural or garden cemeteries) have rolling grounds, numerous trees, pathways, and elaborate grave markers. Without the gravestones, you might think they were parks, botanical gardens, or arboretums. In a way, they're all three.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
Original Poster
#78 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 1:30 PM
Hello guys! I cam up with one good news and one bad.
The good one: I decided to share some pictures of rowhouses has been inspired by @Frodo1990 factories. I've searched through google for some pictures and found very interesting rowhouses took place in London during Victorian times.

I attached more pictures in this post. In one night I made next rowhouse with two flats (so-called duplex)

As you can see in the pictures, that was built in long rows. I found very few information about reference houses and why all the windows are on different levels. But I repeated the effect in the Sims. Those houses might have been destroyed because I did not found any coloured pictures. I don't know how to name it and how to furnish it. But I can say now for sure during the playtest those houses works fine as a lot with two flats with ~$500 rent price. And each has three bedrooms, one of which can contain fully accessible double bed. As usually, this is no CC building.

And next is the bad news. Due to my desision to replace all factories the Trio Lake release will be postroponed once more because now I must release those factories as separate project. And I must do it before Trio Lake. Not to procastirnate, today I switch to thread building for factories. Hopefully Frodo will post here any fruits.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
Original Poster
#79 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 2:06 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 28th Aug 2022 at 6:37 PM.
Hello guys. I made some more deep research of the house I published yesterday. I found provement for houses has been bemolished in the middle of 20th century but still has no info about when they were raised.
this article reveals the front facade look and Tadaa!

The front facade has no anything in common to rear I just copied the back facade to front while architects were more deliberate and made front facades normal. I mean, not that horrific as rear.

Cars on pictures looks unappropriate for Victorian times. My intel says it has been built in later period, might be 1930s. So those house is proper to call Georgian then Victorian. And according to an article, those were demolished in 1950s.

I keep guessing about rebuilding because with all things found my house now looks faceless. And as you can see through pictures the building is wider.
But horrific flats I made are really neat and can bring your sims all amenities of living in 3 tiles width space. These with pipes on the front.

Note that my houses are cheaper! So. As Catherine says: Welcome home! Living in those fugly and cheap bricked box is something your sims might have handle and even love.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#80 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Frodo1990 : 30th Aug 2022 at 2:14 AM.
Default Cemetery again
I redid the cemetery again and I still dont like it how its going ;-;
Also its pretty difficult to make a cemetery that looks like a normal cemetery ;-;
Pd: I tried to do a gentleman club, i had problems when reducing the lot size ( and the basement is pure water due to the low neigborhood terrain :/ ) so if you are interested I can redo it
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#81 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 10:06 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 30th Aug 2022 at 10:38 AM.
First of all, thank you for your input. Your houses are outstanding.
Quote: Originally posted by Frodo1990
I redid the cemetery again and I still dont like it how its going ;-;
Also its pretty difficult to make a cemetery that looks like a normal cemetery ;-;

This cemetery is lack of pine trees. Please stop with cemetery. You come out of your joy.
Pd: I tried to do a gentleman club, i had problems when reducing the lot size ( and the basement is pure water due to the low neigborhood terrain :/ ) so if you are interested I can redo it

Never built on those place to be honest (and based on your experience never will)
I am building all my lots on distant neighborhood. Hence why all my last screens has lush terrain.

Very graceful house. I like layered curtains inside. Though flooding like this is no proper because it will interrupt the lot you will place to the right. I see you built it in London belgravia area. I want to build here something like this. There would be 9 almost identical houses in row. With proper ending on the 9th. I would like to build something like this at the right end-of-row.
So if you want your Gentelmans' club applied to neighborhood, then please try to adjust it in height and width to existing rowhouses.
Regards Vic
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#82 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 2:28 PM Last edited by Frodo1990 : 30th Aug 2022 at 5:20 PM.
I found this image of London Belgravia, do you think that can fit the theme or better I go for the original idea? Also some tutorial to do basements? ( preferably a written tutorial ) I only know how to do foundations basement :/
Pd: I think that you can make London Belgravia even better by changing the first floor wall painting to siding like in this image. Also you can make it more georgian if you want with these windows, when i think of georgian I inmediately think of London
Ppd: I made a draft based on your image, what do you think?
Pppd: Some ideas were to locate the ladies club?
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#83 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 6:32 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 30th Aug 2022 at 7:00 PM.
Ppd: I made a draft based on your image, what do you think?

That's adorable!
Pppd: Some ideas were to locate the ladies club?

When talk about ladies recreation in victorian times, that's definitely cricket.
Those fact Sims has cricket decorative wall hanged beats from Free Time and mini golf as careeer reward makes this idea doable with buyable career rewards.
There is a pay park already in this neighborhood which is a park for socialites. It is landscape park near the tudor mansion. The problem is that park on heavy slope. And cricket needs plain surface.

Keep in mind the place instead of ruins. It is plain (though not that big) and not far from Belgravia houses. Maybe those 2x3 zone would suit even better than sloped landscape park.
There is short story about cricket on sand.

There is also back garden by all belgravia houses. So once you place gents' club as house from belgravia rowhouses, backyard behind gents' club could be used for ladies' joy. i think this place is best actually because spouses could visit one lot and each for personal purpouse.

Those are all my thoughts about ladies' club you asked for.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#84 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 8:20 PM
Default Gentleman club + more factories
I included the Gentleman club and the factories that I made. Gentleman club only needs a proper garden, im very bad at gardening :/
Please install them using clean installer, i have a few mods in my game and a few recolors in my cc folder so please use Clean Installer to make sure that you are installing it without my cc.
Please tell me what you think, the factories are furnished except one i think????
Greetings
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  PackagedLots.7z (3.00 MB, 3 downloads)
Theorist
Original Poster
#85 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 10:27 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 31st Aug 2022 at 11:29 AM.
Thank you. I'll take a look when I'll find time enough.

I need to make clear. The previous post is a huge mess, and I am sorry for bring the confusion. I said part of facts about croquet and part of facts about cricket. Despite the fact both took place in Victorian England, the croquet was popular around wemen, not cricket.
Here is the resource

I wish I could tell you about both but you better to look through links provided. In terms of the Sims 2 game I think next is proper:

-crocket bats are wall hanging decorations from free time
-but cricket is something very similar to mini golf career rewards.

So in conclusion. Crocket could have been made playable in Sims 2. When cricket is represented more decorative.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#86 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 11:29 PM Last edited by Frodo1990 : 1st Sep 2022 at 3:08 AM.
Default Croquet Pavilion + Cafe at the lake + random manor
I created two lots now, a croquet pavilion ( the yellow building, there is no interior yet, some ideas for this?) and a little cottage cafe shop ( restaurant ) for middle-class and upper-class ladies. For a ladies club i thought doing a townhouse with library, drawing room, conference room and tea room, i have not idea if to locate it in belgravia or in another street, ideas?
Also i think that you are lacking a train station? I havent see one yet.
Pd: Can you please teach me how to CFE gables and A roofs? I want to create a house using that
Ppd: I made a georgian manor, i dont know if you are interested on it though, the name is Crumplebottom Court.
Theorist
Original Poster
#87 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 7:43 AM
I think you could finish the coastline cottage with brick or stone to give it more British look.

I am not able to write step-by-step tute now. I can give you brief because I see you are starving for knowlege.

First you should make all roof flat on red level height using CFE cheat. You should create a column elswere at side with last landing on the red level height and then blue level height. Look through my Simdringham house with neighborhood I shared to you. You will see there such columns. You should create similar. Then carefully level up to this height zones with flatten tool of your roof in order to organise the slope between red and blue level. Black level apex appears when you drag with full wall height tool right under it holding shift. There must be only my game bug but I had to hold shift even when created lined apex. When you create a room square, that will definitely work.

Lab Assistant
#88 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 8:12 PM
Default CFE experiment
I tried to do your instructions but to not avail yet, i think i need more a step by step guide but i can wait for when you have time
I tried to do 2 lots for CFE experimenting, one is a hospital ( i think that your world needs a hospital, the idea i took from midnight hollow hospital) and the other a orphanage or upper-class house
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#89 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 9:48 PM
I think that your world needs a hospital, the idea i took from midnight hollow hospital

Maybe asylum? This neighborhood will sink in misery and despair.
and the other a orphanage or upper-class house
I don't know. I think your creativity would have been enough for plenty of worlds. I don't know what to say you about upper-class house. Perhaps orphanage is good idea.

Lab Assistant
#90 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 8:06 PM
I redid the hospital roof with a tutorial of cfe of how to do curve roofs so now looks nicer
Also some photos of the inside of Crumplebottom Court.
By the way are you interested in that I upload some of the lots that I have been building? Personally I think that the georgian manor can fit well in your neighborhood, however I still need to do the 3rd floor :/
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#91 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 11:38 AM
Thank you for your input.
I think there are two things you must know about cornices.
First: I took a fast look at your Gentlemans Club. It is adorable. I found this issue.

I know how this happens. Leto described how to place it right in her tutorial. You must look it twice with more attention how she do it with lamps. They must repeat on nearby lot too and this means a lot of mess with Lot Expander that I am not ready to do.
Second: Tiles with cornices are not walk through. Possibly there is a mod, but it is not by default. So... keep it in mind when you create such and such rooms.
Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#92 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 3:37 PM
I spent the whole day with editing and testing with sims Gentelman's Club and now I am finally happy with result.

So... what I did:
1. I digged the ground level and settled there a changing room and huge kitchen. The ground level is special for wemen and has private access to criquet back garden. Also I added the seatings with bar acessible for men. The indoor bar was replaced by boxing room which takes more sence I think near the shower rooms.
2. I cutted the last floor dark rooms. I use Dread Pirate's radiance lighting so all dark rooms were looking too dark for me so I provided all the rooms with natural light. Regardless some rooms still dark, those are not that much.
3. I pieled all the facade cornices, made all rooms furnishing centered against fireplaces, replaced outdoor trees to resemble decaying nature and ecological issues of Trio Lake and various other things applied and redeveloped.

In conclusion, your way of thinking is really great. So I will definitely place it in the neighborhood, Frodo. Many many thank you for building this Gent's Club! :lovestruc

Basically it's now looking like something in between Sims 3 sports bar and gym lots assignments with... some of gender restrictions. Gentlemans now could have some drinks watching girls playing criguet (similar way they do when watching TV Sports), have boxing classes, take shower after that, use smoking room, library, learning table etiquette when eating and have a rest in private rooms with beds (if you have sleep on community lots mod for that), What do have ladies? A little bit much than nothing: dive their bodies in scullery baths, making dinner and entertain men when playing criquet.

I tested with copy. I have very small world for that with few townies. The gender restricted door looks fine and ladies are not intersecting with gents. Townie ladies start to waving hands when they invited to restaurant by hostess. After some waving hands and shrugging by gent's door they leave. Unfortunately NPCs are not able to use mini golf patches. I guess because it is not provided by gameplay. In my game golf patches can be used by visiting sims only. Also gentlemans should not reserve seats in the bar because I made it the way that all seats with chairs are used by gentlemans and all high chairs are accessible for wemen only.

I have some worries about gentleman's seats at the bar. I have a mod that brings diversity to seating preferences. In unmodded game.... are sims able to have bar drinks when sitting on the chairs? Tell me how does it look without any mods. If sims will rush to high chairs to have drinks regardless of (low) chairs placed nearby, then it's bad. That means they'll never have bar drinks here with unmodded game.

I also tried various designs for public phone booths. Obviously they inherit it from London red ones. Even real booths has been invented way after Victorian times, comunity lots come useless without it. And London booths design is too iconic for not to mention. It is accessible with phone glowing icon on top and I like those booths can be visible from neighborhood view

Lab Assistant
#93 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 3:12 AM
First of all I love your remaster of my gentleman club, thanks a lot for including it in your world
Second I include if you want the little cottage and the georgian manor if you are interested, they need rework though ( specially the mansion, the third floor isnt furnished and lacks distribution :/ )
My story for Crumplebottom Court is that is a run-down mansion and the Crumplebottom family its a decadent family so they access to a marriage with the Goth family with the money on mind.
Also the house its full of ghosts and empty rooms, they only have 2 servants left that do everything, and the house its falling apart. Meanwhile the old Crumplebottom matriarch is going senile and searching for marriage candidates for the heirs , and the youngsters doesnt want to live by the old-strict rules of their grandmother ( or be married )
Family Members:
-Leticia Wilson: ( elder ) The going blind cook, also she serves the food.
-Jane Burton: ( Adult) The maid and nurse of the old crumplebottom lady, when she is not taking care of the old crumplebottom lady, she is cleaning.
-Lady Agatha Crumplebottom ( Elder ) The actual head of the family, seeking for marriage partners for her family.
-Leonora Crumplebottom ( Adult) A romantic sim still not married, her mother Agatha is searching for a husband for her...
-Simon VIII Crumplebottom ( Teenager near Adult)
-Marigold Crumplebottom ( Child near teenager )

Deceased family members:
-Philomena Crumplebottom ( adult, she died in a train-crash, since then Agatha has fears of trains and any modern machine, mother of Simon and Marigold )
-Lavinia Crumplebottom ( daughter of Agatha, died by sickness )
-Simon VII Crumplebottom ( son of Agatha, died in a train crash too )
-Simon VI Crumplebottom ( Husband of Lady Agatha)
-Simon V Crumplebottom ( Father of Simon VI )
- Aurora Crumplebottom ( Mother of Simon VI)
-Theodora Crumplebottom ( another sister of Simon VI )
Other relatives:
Agnes Crumplebottom: A nun, sister of Simon VI

Another theory of mine is that the Crumplebottom family is cursed, specially in matters of love, they will have a dull marriage life or their partner will die by an accident.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  PackagedLots2.zip (2.80 MB, 3 downloads)
Theorist
Original Poster
#94 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 9:38 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 5th Sep 2022 at 2:13 PM. Reason: Ok one more definition. Ha!
Cheesus Christ! I looked through your gorgeous factories this night. There is a hollow in sewing factory. Is this for dumping spoiled sewing? Or maybe there is a summoning circle xD. Nevermind LoL.

Lore story in my version of neighborhood was around economic conflict between Goths and Landgraabs. In total it repeats the conflict in Sims 3: Goths are old governors of this borough while Landgraabs are new money. Goths suggest to burn old trees in fireplaces because ecology of neighborhood is already bad. Landgraabs found two mines and try to develop new way to heat houses with coal as something innovative and less dirty. Not gonna lie they both are villains who's making this for investments rather than for clean future.

I like your storyline. It makes sence to me when conservative families try to sell their children's love. Especially daughters'. Many books have been written based on this. This is classic.

Hope my text mispells won't make you cringy. I write a lot but I see my criguet and piel then. Oh man! I am a queen of mispells.

I won't change anything in your factories. All three pass muster with no changes required. Thank you for your input again.

Best regards. Vic

Lab Assistant
#95 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 8:47 PM
Thanks for including them in your neighborhood, that its pretty nice
Dont worry i dont mind your text mispells, im used to them
By the way do you want that I build something? Im lack of ideas for the moment and currently i have building my own long proyect, the city of Santiago but in grunge style, its full of cc though 0-0
I think that you should upload it ( your neighborhood) someday to Modthesims, its pretty good.
A last thing, do you use gunmod neigborhood camera? Near the edges of the terrain lacks trees
Theorist
Original Poster
#96 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 7:00 AM
Thanks for including them in your neighborhood, that its pretty nice
Dont worry i dont mind your text mispells, im used to them

I still need the rest of factories to complete this set because now the rest looks off
By the way do you want that I build something? Im lack of ideas for the moment and currently i have building my own long project, the city of Santiago but in grunge style, its full of cc though 0-0

You want me to build something for you in return?
I think that you should upload it ( your neighborhood) someday to Modthesims, its pretty good.

Now I hope I could do it with your help
A last thing, do you use gunmod neigborhood camera? Near the edges of the terrain lacks trees

I use... some mod. I can't remember the name but I can reach the edges. I did not plant the trees at the edges because I found camera sometimes moved stepped in my neighborhood. I thought it was caused by RAM utilising. There are a lot of decoration here. So I end up like it is now.

Lab Assistant
#97 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Frodo1990 : 7th Sep 2022 at 3:55 AM.
Hi!
I started doing some factories, Im using some references for it but im stuck with one of them ;-;
Its the one with CFE roofs, i like it style however the lot is quite empty ;-;
Some suggestions on how to do fill it? I will try to re-do it but in bigger proportions.
Also dont worry about my world, i dont think I will ever upload it ( too much cc ) however if i got stuck with some lot i will tell you
Pd: i remade it on bigger proportions, which one do you like most?
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#98 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 10:35 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 7th Sep 2022 at 3:27 PM. Reason: Answered
Its the one with CFE roofs, i like it style however the lot is quite empty ;-;
Some suggestions on how to do fill it? I will try to re-do it but in bigger proportions.

Leave it empty
Also dont worry about my world, i dont think I will ever upload it ( too much cc ) however if i got stuck with some lot i will tell you

All right

Athough you said there is way too CC in your neighborhood, I still can create anything without it. Youcould start your own thread when show your neighborhood. CFE thread is meant for this. For sharing pictures. You don't have to share your neighborhood after post some views of that.
Pd: i remade it on bigger proportions, which one do you like most?

I don't know. Any. I like it all.

Don't try to do something groundbreaking. I think victorian plants were simple by design - brick boxes with sloped roofs and numerous identic apartment life windows would fit. I think you are doing right with your houses.

Anyways if you want groundbraking, then you could try to do something like Simlaysons textile and emulate steam engines for interior design with steering wheels, pianos and vases. Zarathustra emulated bells engine in his cathedral. But I am aware that it's too complicated.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#99 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 1:42 AM Last edited by Frodo1990 : 9th Sep 2022 at 2:16 AM.
Two things, can you please teach me how to triangular dormes like you did in your english manor?
Second I did a second factory, i dont know if you like it, and i filled the small factory with water towers, pools and a excavation site ( maybe for some fertilizer?)
Pd: I have all the shells of factory ready to go except the 10th one, i will need a bit of time to figure out how to build it. By the way you need a school and a hospital I think?? Next post I will upload the shells of the factories that I made.
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#100 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 6:50 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 9th Sep 2022 at 7:05 PM. Reason: Mispell
No need to hurry. I am kinda slow brained so you are building everything faster than me. I have some free time during weekends.

Actually I want you to share me all you create. Even those you don't like yourself. I made few buildings also (oh well, to be honest those were created long ago I just did not share it with neighborhood I attached in the post. Because. You know. I am building on distant terrain) so some of your buildings could be moved or replaced by mine. But I'll try to find a proper place for all of your creations. And I will choose wisely. Like, for example, I have to choose one cemetery and just can't approve all cemeteries you created (because apparently I don't want my neighborhood to dive into Halloween ) But all the rest will be checked and I'll try to find a place fer all. You could share separated houses sims2packs either neighborhood where I could see all the placement you suggest. I am very curious what you will prepare.

Regards Vic

Page 4 of 8