Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 12:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default Need Help With Viewing More Skins
I have downloaded more than 6 custom skins and have searched for information on this and found nothing. 1) Is there a way to view more than just 6 skins in CAS? I've tried clicking on the folder and it does nothing. 2) Where do I delete the default skins? Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:14 AM
You can use your mouse wheel to scroll through the skintone box.

You mean default skins you installed? They should be under My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. You just delete the package file.
Inventor
#3 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:19 AM Last edited by Giga : 7th Sep 2011 at 1:35 AM.
If you go here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/440794 ,CmarNYC has added a download called Skintone Panel 1 (the very last download in the list) which makes viewing skins in CAS much easier. You don't need to download the metal skins; the panel will work without it. Just make sure that your base game is compatible. I use it and it is fantastic!

Edit: As far as default skins go, you can only have ONE in your packages folder. Default Replacements replace the EA base skin as a whole and having more than one will conflict. You can, however, have more than one non-default skin; which the panel I linked to will help with viewing them all.

As far as deleting default skins, follow the path that Vorpal provided.

Good luck.

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 5:03 AM
Thank you both very much for your help. Giga, I will definitely be trying that out! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th May 2024 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
If you go here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/440794 ,CmarNYC has added a download called Skintone Panel 1 (the very last download in the list) which makes viewing skins in CAS much easier. You don't need to download the metal skins; the panel will work without it. Just make sure that your base game is compatible. I use it and it is fantastic!

Edit: As far as default skins go, you can only have ONE in your packages folder. Default Replacements replace the EA base skin as a whole and having more than one will conflict. You can, however, have more than one non-default skin; which the panel I linked to will help with viewing them all.

As far as deleting default skins, follow the path that Vorpal provided.

Good luck.

Thank you!! I tried to up my sliders option using NRaas Master Controller, but I think it only applies to sliders that appear when editing various body parts. Hopefully this works!